When it comes to indulging in sweet treats, why not choose an option that not only satisfies your taste buds but also caters to various dietary preferences and restrictions? We're excited to share a delicious recipe for a Heart-Shaped Carrot Cake that is not only gluten-free, vegan, and nut-free but also free of the top 9 allergens. What's more, we'll be using upcycled ugly carrots to give this cake a unique twist, all topped off with a luscious, low-sugar, vegan cashew frosting.
The Heart of the Matter: Gluten-Free, Vegan, Nut-Free Goodness Embracing dietary restrictions has never been tastier! Our Heart-Shaped Carrot Cake is not only a visual delight but also a treat for those with gluten intolerance, vegans, and individuals with nut allergies. By choosing wholesome ingredients, we ensure that everyone can indulge in the joy of a freshly baked, heart-shaped cake without worry.
Ugly Carrots, Beautiful Results: Upcycling for Sustainability In our commitment to reducing food waste, we've chosen to use upcycled ugly carrots in this recipe. These imperfect carrots not only contribute to sustainability efforts but also add a unique sweetness and character to the cake. Embrace the beauty in imperfection as you transform these otherwise discarded vegetables into a masterpiece of flavor.
Top 9 Allergens? Not Here! Catering to those with allergen sensitivities can be challenging, but not with our Heart-Shaped Carrot Cake. We've carefully curated a recipe that excludes the top 9 allergens, making it a safe and delicious option for individuals with various dietary restrictions. Now, everyone can join in the celebration without compromising on taste or health.
Sweet Indulgence, Minus the Guilt: Low-Sugar Vegan Cashew Frosting To top off our delightful creation, we've crafted a vegan cashew frosting that is not only creamy and delicious but also low in sugar. By opting for natural sweeteners and the rich, velvety texture of cashews, we've created a guilt-free indulgence that complements the wholesome goodness of the carrot cake beneath.
How to Make Your Own Heart-Shaped Carrot Cake: A Step-by-Step Guide Now that you're excited about this delectable treat, let's dive into the step-by-step process of making your own Heart-Shaped Carrot Cake. From preparing the batter to shaping it into a heart, and finally, generously spreading the vegan cashew frosting – we've got you covered.
Ingredients You'll Need:
- 1 package of our Gluten-Free, Vegan Carrot Cake & Cupcake Baking Mix
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 c cashews
- 1/4 c plant-based milk (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease 2 6" heart-shaped pans..
- In a large bowl, combine the carrot cake mix, plant-based milk, and oil.
- Divide batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the carrot cake to cool in the pan for 8 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make frosting, soak cashews in boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain and add to high speed blender along with plant-based milk, maple syrup, vanilla, lemon juice, and coconut oil. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to thicken up.
- To assemble cake, place one cake on cake board and frost. Place second cake on top and frost. Decorate with fresh flowers.
Indulging in a sweet treat doesn't have to mean compromising on dietary preferences or health goals. Our Heart-Shaped Carrot Cake, made with upcycled ugly carrots and topped with a low-sugar, vegan cashew frosting, is a testament to the fact that dessert can be both delicious and inclusive. Whether you're gluten-free, vegan, or navigating food allergies, this recipe ensures that everyone can share in the joy of a heart-healthy, allergen-free indulgence. So, gather your ingredients, put on your apron, and get ready to bake a heartwarming treat that's as good for the soul as it is for the taste buds.